- Bob Lilly
High Water May Be in Your Future… Be Prepared
Many Texas homeowners go without flood insurance. Many figure the odds are low that anything will happen. Some people may think that a flood is covered under their current policy. Let us correct you; unless you have added the coverage, it is excluded. We agree that the probability is low, none the less, it does exist. Now is the time to consider Texas flood insurance. Some mortgage companies may even require flood insurance, depending where your home is located. Let Shepard Insurance Agency provides you with a quote on all your personal and business insurance needs.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, businesses, homeowners and renters are discovering what insurance covers — and what it doesn’t — while those with minimal or no insurance may be reconsidering flood insurance. In New Jersey, thousands of families are still displaced with little indication of when and if they’ll be able to return to their pre-Sandy lives.
If your home is in a flood zone, the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) offers coverage and Shepard Insurance Agency can help you secure affordable coverage.
Insurance is all about understanding risks, and not every Texas homeowner is equally at risk for flood losses. Your risks depend on how close you live to rivers, streams, lakes or flood zones, or how well your home was built to withstand losses. The last thing we want is for you to be knee deep in water without the proper insurance. We recommend you consider the options, contact us today.
• Install a backflow device to prevent sewer lines from backing up.
• Put together a disaster survival kit. (3 day supply of food and water)
• Plan two evacuation routes in advance.
• Don’t use the basement for storage of important items.
• If you live in a flood-prone area, keep these materials on hand: sandbags, plywood, lumber, plastic sheeting, trash bags, shovels, work boots, and gloves.
• Elevate your washer, dryer, water heater, oil tank, furnace, and electrical wiring on concrete blocks. If you are unable to raise an item, anchor it and protect it with a floodwall or shield.
Shepard Insurance Agency is here to help you; we are the leading personal lines agency in Texas. Shepard Insurance Agency understands that your property is a very important part of your life. In fact, the single biggest investment you may ever make is your home. Are you sure you have adequately protected your home and other properties?
#floodinsurance #TexasBusinessInsurance #shepardinsurance #shepardwaltonking